“A comprehensive update of immunological mechanisms underlying positive effects of Vitamin D in reducing SARSCoV2 infection, and a thorough survey of recent epidemiological studies and clinical trials”
From the journal “International Immunopharmacology”
Click the link to view the article and/or download pdf version: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2021.107686
- SARS-CoV-2 infections are likely to be more prevalent in the winter season.
- Clinical trials reveal vitamin D as a potential therapeutic agent against COVID-19.
- Vitamin D is beneficial against COVID-19 by reducing inflammatory response.
- Vitamin D boosts immune response against SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of COVID-19 severity and mortality.